The Continuing Education department at Methodist Rehabilitation Center provides educational programs that support the overall mission of the hospital. CE programs are designed to develop, maintain and improve the ability of staff to provide quality rehabilitation services and care. CE programs are provided to community health care providers to enhance the quality of rehabilitation care available in our state and region.
The mission of the CE department at Methodist Rehabilitation Center is to:
- Bring emerging knowledge to the point of clinical use
- Enhance clinical practice and skills for the benefit of rehabilitation patients.
- Promote best practice standards across medical rehabilitation disciplines.
Methodist Rehabilitation Center is an approved provider of continuing education
- For nurses by the Mississippi Nurses Foundation
- For speech language pathologists by ASHA
- For occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants by the AOTA
- Methodist seeks continuing education approval for other disciplines from their respective state or national licensing or certification bodies.
Educational programs are planned and implemented based on the needs of prospective attendees and advances in technology, science and care. Program planning and development is guided by the continuing education advisory committee, which has representation from each of the professional disciplines in the hospital. Courses are designed to provide effective instruction to accomplish established learning objectives. Most CE courses are offered at the BankPlus Conference Center located on the second floor at Methodist Rehabilitation Center.
Methodist Rehabilitation Center
1350 East Woodrow Wilson
Jackson, Mississippi 39216