COVID-19 VISITOR POLICY FOR INPATIENT REHABILITATION
Our primary concern during the current COVID-19 pandemic is for the care and well-being of our patients. By extension, we must also prioritize the well-being of our staff so that they can continue to provide the excellent care you expect from MRC.
Therefore, we are instituting a temporary set of policies during the pandemic. Effective immediately until further notice, we will take the following steps regarding visitors coming to see patients at MRC.
- The family of the patient will designate two family members as the primary caregivers.
- One caregiver at a time will be allowed to visit the patient.
- These persons will participate in family training for care of the patient post discharge.
- Once approved, the primary caregivers will be allowed access to the hospital through the first floor entrance and will need to register with security.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during this unprecedented time.
COVID-19 VISITOR POLICY FOR ALL METHODIST OUTPATIENT SERVICES
If you or one of your close contacts have traveled outside the United States in the last two weeks, please notify a MRC staff member prior to your appointment.
Also, please notify a MRC staff member if you have the following symptoms:
- Persistent cough
- Severe headache
- Shortness of breath
Patients are limited to one caregiver with them during the appointment.
- We encourage the caregiver to wait in the car if at all possible
- The caregiver can wait in the waiting room if need be, but we will limit the number of people in the waiting room at any given time
- The caregiver can access other areas of the clinic with the patient only under special circumstances, such as providing assistance with undress/dress of the patient
- Anyone other than the caregiver accompanying the patient must wait in his or her automobile
- Exceptions to this policy must be cleared with clinic management
COVID-19 VISITOR POLICY FOR METHODIST SPECIALTY CARE CENTER
Following CMS and CDC guidelines, Methodist Specialty Care Center is allowing limited visitation with our residents.Visitation is from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday–Friday, all visitors must be tested prior to visitation – visitors should plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to their appointment for the test. Each visitation period is for 30-minutes. Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first served basis and each resident is allowed one-visit per week so that every resident is allowed an opportunity for a visit. To schedule an appointment please call Courtney Jones, Activity Director, at 601-420-7762. If you have questions about visitation please call us at 601-420-7760.
Thank you for your understanding,