Methodist Pain & Spine Center Offers a Team Approach
Whether you’ve suffered a simple strain or sprain or face the ongoing agony of chronic pain, Methodist Pain & Spine Center has the resources to provide relief.
Located on Methodist Rehab’s Flowood campus, the clinic provides evaluation and treatment for conditions such as:
- Neck, back, joint and nerve pain
- Cumulative trauma injuries, such as carpal tunnel
- Sprains and strains
- Recovery following joint-replacement surgery (hips, knees or other joints)
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Pain after shingles
- Spinal stenosis
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Post-amputation pain
- Work-related injury
Dr. Philip Blount coordinates care at the center, aided by MRC’s extensive network of onsite support services. These include MRI, EMG and other diagnostic tests, occupational and physical therapy and psychological counseling.
As a board-certified physical medicine and rehab physician, Blount is a nerve, muscle, brain and bone expert who focuses on non-surgical approaches to decrease pain and restore abilities.
Dr. Raechel Percy also treats patients at the center. She is a doctor of osteopathic medicine and her professional interests include sports and musculoskeletal medicine, amputee rehabilitation and prosthetic restoration and adaptive sports and recreation activities for individuals with disabilities.
Methodist Pain and Spine Center collaborates closely with area physicians and welcome referrals, as well as appointments from consumers who believe they might benefit from clinic services.
The staff at Methodist Pain & Spine Center believes people who suffer from pain deserve a prompt, skillful and thorough medical evaluation. This, coupled with a well-coordinated treatment plan, ensures the best possibility for immediate and long-term relief. It also prevents patients from being subjected to therapies or surgical treatment that may not be necessary or appropriate for their specific medical condition.
To that end, we make these promises:
- You will always find easy and accessible parking.
- You will not wait hours in our waiting or exam rooms before the nurse or physician begins to address your needs. Our goal is to see you within 15 minutes of your scheduled appointment.
- Our staff will always treat you with courtesy and dignity. We will file your insurance and help you with any requests or financial concerns you may have.
- We will help you with follow-up appointments to other specialists, if needed, and respond promptly to your referring physician with requested medical information.
- Following your appointment, we will call to ask if you have questions or concerns about your treatment or have additional issues that need to be addressed.
- Once you are established as a patient at the Methodist Pain and Spine Center, you will be given instructions for contacting us after hours, on weekends or holidays, if needed.
To Make an Appointment
Call us at 601-936-8801. Normal working hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Methodist Pain & Spine Center
One Layfair Drive, Suite 100
Flowood, MS 39232