Is Methodist Rehab Right for You?
Finding the right resources for a patient with a disabling injury or illness begins with a call to our admissions office at 601-364-3477 or 1-800-223-6672.
We’ll need to know:
- Your name
- Potential patient’s name, address, phone number and current location
- Primary medical diagnosis
- Medical/rehabilitation insurance coverage
Our nurse liaisons will follow up with a screening to determine your patient’s rehab potential. While each case is different, most patients who qualify for inpatient care:
- require intensive therapy in two or more disciplines.
- are able to follow verbal or visual commands consistently (exception: coma stimulation program or family education program).
- have sufficient mental alertness, motivation and stamina to participate in the rehabilitation program (exception: brain injury).
- have a condition that can be improved by rehabilitation.
- are able to demonstrate significant functional or practical improvement in a reasonable amount of time.
- have a sitting tolerance of three or more hours. This can be in broken intervals of 15 to 30 minutes. This requirement does not apply to quadriplegics.
The following information will be reviewed by our nurse liaisons, and will be required at the time of transfer:
- History and physical
- Recent medical and therapy progress notes
- Recent lab work, including culture reports
- Recent X-rays, including CT and MRI scans
- All admitting orders
- Recent record of medications
- Surgery reports
- Discharge summary (if available)
Other information may be faxed to a nurse liaison at 601-364-3452 or sent with the patient.
Once the admission process is complete, we’ll keep you informed of your patient’s progress via regular updates from our case managers.
- An initial evaluation report by the entire medical, nursing and allied health professional team.
- Detailed inpatient staffing conference reports.
- Discharge summaries by the entire team, with outcomes, assessments of goals and recommendations for future care.
Through our extensive network of outpatient clinics, we provide easy access to a variety of rehab services. And you can rely on us to keep you up-to-date on the progress of each patient you send our way.
To learn more, call the numbers listed below or click on the link.
Outpatient Clinic at Methodist Rehabilitation Center, Jackson, 601-364-3392
Methodist Physical Medicine, Flowood, 601-936-8801
Methodist Outpatient Neurological Rehabilitation, Flowood, 601-936-8889
Methodist Outpatient Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Flowood, 601-936-8888
Methodist Outpatient Rehabilitation, Ridgeland, 601-984-8700
Quest Brain Injury Community Integration Program, Ridgeland, 601-984-8700
Assistive Technology and Wheelchair Services, Flowood, 601-936-8838
Methodist Orthotics & Prosthetics, Cleveland, 662-846-6555
Methodist Orthotics & Prosthetics, Flowood, 601-936-8899
Methodist Orthotics & Prosthetics, Hattiesburg, 601-264-0359
Methodist Orthotics & Prosthetics, Meridian, 601-483-5280
Methodist Orthotics & Prosthetics, Oxford, 662-234-8193
Methodist Orthotics & Prosthetics, Monroe, La., 318-410-0846
Methodist Orthotics & Prosthetics, Starkville, 662-615-6133